What does day nine at the Women’s World Cup have in store as Group E takes center stage?
Group E takes the center stage.
If both Netherlands and Canada manage to win in their respective Group E matches then it means that both will reach the last 16 before facing each other on Thursday, 20 June 2019.
The Netherlands and Cameroon begin the World Cup weekend action at the Stade du Hainaut in Valenciennes (4:00 EAT).
Canada then face New Zealand at the Stade des Alpes in Grenoble (10:00 EAT)
- This is Netherlands and Cameroon first meeting ( since they have never previously faced African opposition at a World Cup).
- Cameroon’s World Cup defeats have been by a single-goal margin in their last three matches.
- Cameroon were the last African side to beat a European side, defeating Switzerland 2-1 back in 2015 World Cup .
- Canada have kept eight clean sheets in that run and have never won their opening two World Cup matches, but are unbeaten in their last nine matches and
- New Zealand are still looking for their first win at a World Cup.