RETURN OF FOOTBALL
The Premier League season may be completed in a frantic five-week period and they will use their own stadia, rather than neutral venues behind closed doors because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Representatives across World Rugby, FIFA and the International Cricket Council have come together to hold regular crisis meetings to share ideas amid fears after the coronavirus pandemic.
Arsenal are looking to save around £25m by cutting player wages if they do not qualify for next season’s Champions League.
Safe standing at Old Trafford has moved a step closer.
Chelsea ‘could make a second bid’ for Dries Mertens after it emerged the Belgian backtracked on signing a new contract with Napoli.
Manchester City are looking on with interest as UEFA examine whether to relax Financial Fair Play rules in a bid to allow wealthy owners to bail their clubs out of financial turmoil amid the coronavirus crisis.
Arsenal stars are willing to accept wage deferrals despite rejecting the club’s initial proposals of straight pay cuts.
Diego Godin is reportedly expected to leave Inter Milan this summer, with a move to the Premier League on the cards.
Danny Welbeck has donated £10,000 worth of relief to his maternal hometown in Ghana in their fight against the coronavirus.
Football League clubs have put their squads on mandatory leave – but told British players not to go abroad.
Serie A’s top clubs are scouring the free agent market ahead of the summer transfer window as they look to negotiate a way around the financial issues caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Manchester United are confident they will not be left with a £75m hole in their finances after kit manufacturers Adidas hit financial trouble.
- Arsenal players are going to firmly reject proposals which leave them facing a 12.5 per cent pay cut.
- Jose Mourinho fears Tanguy Ndombele is plotting an escape route from Tottenham.
- Jack Wilshere has admitted leaving Arsenal for West Ham “hasn’t worked out”.
- Juventus wont be able to sign Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante due to the £79m asking price.
- Manchester United, Everton and Tottenham are ready to bid more than £50m for Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish.
- Liverpool have reportedly made contact with the representatives of Lille midfielder Boubakary Soumare, a transfer target of Manchester United.
- Newcastle are poised with a £30m bid to land Aston Villa midfielder John McGinn.
- Chelsea are expected to make an approach for defender Alex Telles this summer,.
- Manchester United are reported to have inquired to Barcelona about up and coming teenager Marc Jurado.
- The FA has offered the use of Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park as neutral venues to help finish the Premier League season.