Premier League players to cover faces in full training
Some Premier League teams have returned to training grounds.
Arsenal were the first to welcome back members of their first-team squad on April 27 but players must travel alone, do their individual workout and return home.
Other proposals included:
- All footballs, global positioning system [GPS] units, cones, corner flags, goalposts and other equipment to be disinfected before and after use by staff wearing personal protective equipment [PPE]
- Players to wear snood/masks at all times
- Cars to be parked three spaces apart
- No massages unless approved by club doctor
- Fluids to be left at designated pick-up points
- Only visit training block to use toilet
- Initially only five players per training group
- Players to be given designated time slots and 15 minutes to prepare
- 75 minutes of small group training
- 15 minutes’ recovery
- Players and staff will be banned from spitting at the training ground