1. Cut back on carbohydrate
The most important part is to cut back on sugars and starches, or carbohydrates – your hunger levels go down, and you generally end up eating significantly fewer calories. Instead of burning carbs for energy, your body now starts burning stored fat for energy.
2. Eat protein, fat, and vegetables
Each one of your meals should include a protein source, fat source, and low carb vegetables. Try eating two to three meals per day.
Tips to lose weight faster:
- Eat a high protein breakfast.
- Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice.
- Drink water before meals.
- Choose weight-loss-friendly foods.
- Eat soluble fiber.
- Drink coffee or tea.
- Base your diet on whole foods.
- Eat slowly.
- Weigh yourself every day.
- Get good quality sleep.
Healthy protein sources include:
- Meat: beef, chicken, pork, and lamb
- Fish and seafood: salmon, trout, and shrimp
- Eggs: whole eggs with the yolk
- Plant-based proteins: beans, legumes, and soy
Many vegetables are low in carbs, including:
- Brussels sprouts
- Swiss chard
Sources of healthy fats include:
- olive oil
- coconut oil
- avocado oil