Shorts is a new short-form video experience for creators and artists who want to shoot short, catchy videos using their mobile phones.
You tube launched an early beta of Shorts with a handful of new creation tools to test this out. they will continue to add more features and expand to more countries in the coming months.
Shorts is a new way to express yourself in 15 seconds or less, and our team is focused on building its foundation across three main areas:
- Create: Creation is at the core of short-form video, and we want to make it easy and fun to create Shorts. We’re starting to test just a few new tools for creators and artists with our early beta in India:
- A multi-segment camera to string multiple video clips together,
- The option to record with music from a large library of songs that will continue to grow,
- Speed controls that give you the flexibility to be creative in your performance,
- And a timer and countdown to easily record, hands-free.
- After you record your video, make sure to add the #shorts hashtag in the video’s title or description to allow YouTube to recommend or promote your Shorts video.