Crystal Palace vs Southampton: Match details
Match: Crystal Palace vs Southampton
Competition: Premier League
Date: September 12, 2020
Kick-off time: 5:00 pm, September 12, 2020
Stadium: Selhurst Park
Crystal Palace welcomes Southampton to Selhurst Park in London on Saturday for this first Premier League match of the 2020/21 season.
The Saints have thirteen wins to Crystal Palace’s three.
Palace lost all but one of their final eight games ad their 1-1 draw against Spurs on the final day of the season being the only match which they didn’t suffer defeat.
Southampton were undefeated in their last seven games after the restart. Despite facing tough opponents including Sheffield United, Everton and both Manchester Clubs, taking fifteen points.
Michy Batshuayi, has been linked with a loan move from Chelsea. Batshuayi spent 3 ½ months on loan at Crystal Palace at the end of the 2018/19 season, scoring six goals in thirteen games in all competitions.
The Eagles have also been linked with Jean-Philippe Mateta from Bundesliga club Mainz.
Mateta doesn’t offer much pace to get in behind teams. But with Zaha and Eberechi Eze on the wings, maybe that is the plan.
Premier League 2020/21 – opening weekend fixtures
- C. Palace v Southampton – Sept 12
- Fulham v Arsenal – Sept 12
- Liverpool v Leeds – Sept 12
- Tottenham v Everton – Sept 12
- West Brom v Leicester City – Sept 12
- West Ham v Newcastle – Sept 12
- Brighton v Chelsea – Sept 14
- Sheff Utd v Wolves – Sept 14
- Burnley v Man Utd – Postponed
- Man City v Aston Villa – Postponed