Bundesliga: Leipzig vs Paderborn
- Leipzig won the reverse fixture 3-2 earlier in the season.
- Leipzig only lost one of their 14 home matches in the Bundesliga.
- Paderborn failed to win 12 of their 14 away matches in the Bundesliga.
- Leipzig have failed to win four of their last five home Bundesliga matches.
- Paderborn have failed to win their last ten Bundesliga matches.
RB Leipzig welcome Paderborn to the Red Bull Arena this Saturday in Bundesliga action. The hosts are third in the table and nine points behind runaway leaders, Bayern. They are only two points behind Dortmund but Leipzig must watch out for Gladbach and Leverkusen, both two points further back. Paderborn are eight points away from the danger of automatic relegation (and landing in the playoff spot), they only have five games to make up that deficit. They have failed to win 12 of their 14 away games this season and it points to a Leipzig win this weekend.
The Champions League contenders have failed to win four of their last five home games in the Bundesliga. German hitman Timo Werner is the subject of speculation about a transfer to England this summer. He was the scorer of what ended up being the winning goal in Leipzig’s last meeting with Paderborn, a 3-2 away win. Paderborn have failed to win their last ten Bundesliga matches and are coming off the back of their heaviest defeat on that run, a 6-1 thumping at the hands of Borussia Dortmund.
Back Leipzig to lead at half-time and over 1.5 goals in the first half.