To help your WordPress site rank higher on search engines, you need to optimize it for search engine optimization (SEO) especially with newer WordPress updates.
WordPress SEO refers to – improving or increasing your website’s organic, free traffic by improving its ranking and visibility on different search engines like Google, Bing, etc for the specific queries for which you have optimized your site.
- Use among top WordPress hosting service providers.
- Install WordPress Caching plugin to make your website faster and reduces the load.
- Optimize Images using Photoshop and another popular editing too to maintain quality.
- Split Long Posts.
- Reduce External HTTP Requests to improve page speed.
- You should change all internal links on your WordPress site – ensure you go through your WordPress theme and alter all references to your site images, CSS and JS files. You can also change all your website links to start with // instead of https://.
- Maker is sure your CDN supports SSL. You can use MaxCDN, enabling you to set up SSL on your CDN subdomain.
- Create a canonical link present in the <head> section of your website to properly redirect all traffic coming in.
- Use Google AMP – to build light-weight web pages for the fast mobile loading of your site.
- You can use Google’s mobile-friendly tool to see if your current WordPress site passes the mobile-friendly test or not.
- Search Appearance (HTML improvements, Structured Data, Data Highlighter, Sitelinks)
- Search Traffic (Search queries, Links to Your Site, internal links, manual actions, international targeting, Mobile Usability)
- Google Index (Index Status, content keywords, remove URLs)
- Crawl (Crawl Errors, Crawl Stats, Fetch as Google, robots.txt, Sitemaps, URL Parameters, etc.)
- Make the site menu simpler
- Use a clear and simple classification
- Put content in a readable and attractive way