- Chelsea have won five of their last six matches against Newcastle.
- Newcastle have failed to win any of their last five matches in all competitions.
- Chelsea have made unbeaten start to 2020 (two wins, one draw).
Chelsea have had more shots than any Premier League team this season and this suggests that they could work on their finishing. Chelsea travel to Newcastle to take on the Magpies in the Premier League this weekend. The Blues remain in fourth place in the English top flight while their opponents sit in midtable 13 points behind in 13th place. The Newcastle manager is fighting off a bad run of form after a bright opening half of the season. Prior to their midweek FA Cup replay against Rochdale, Newcastle had failed to win any of their last five matches in all competitions.
Chelsea have a strong recent record against Newcastle, winning five of their last six meetings. Their end to 2019 was unsettled (losing five of their last ten matches of the calendar year) but they’ve made an unbeaten start (two wins from three matches) to 2020. We expect that to continue at St. James’s Park with a Chelsea win.
Arsenal – Sheffield United
- Only Liverpool have a better defensive record than Sheffield United in the Premier League this season.
- Sheffield United won the reverse fixture against Arsenal 1-0 in October 2019.
- Arsenal have only won four of their 11 home matches in the Premier League this season.
Arsenal host promoted Premier League side Sheffield United this Saturday. They are tenth in the table, four points and four places (sixth) behind their better-placed top-four-chasing counterparts. Chris Wilder boast the second-best defensive record in the division (conceding only 21 goals in 22 matches) and play the same way no matter the opponent. If they had a strong presence in their front line, the Blades would be even higher up the table.
Mikel Arteta has made a promising start to his managerial career producing one win from three Premier League matches. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will be banned for this match after his red card against Crystal Palace. The Gabonese forward has 14 goals in the Premier League season – nine goals better than their next-best scorer, Alexandre Lacazette. Given that Aubameyang scored almost half of all of Arsenal’s Premier League goals this season (29).