Below are all the requirements one must meet before applying for the new e-passport in Kenya as of 2019.
The e passport tracking progress can only be done after the application process via the eCitizen website. The process is simple and it takes counted days after a successful application. For the 48-page passport type, 10 days are enough to get your passport ready; you will only pay sh. 1040 for the application. If you are traveling within the East African countries, you can apply for a temporary passport as far as your travel is on a short duration. The process is fast and done online as well. You will only pay sh.350 for the travel permit instead of sh.990 for the Kenyan East African ePassport. Read on if you are interested with the temporary passport.
Requirements For Kenyan e-Passport
1. An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three receipts.
2.Original birth certificate and photocopy.
3.Original National ID Card & copy.
4.Three Current passport size photos.
5.Recommender’s ID Card copy.
A Recommender can be either of the following
- Lawyers –
- Religious leaders
- Civil servant
But NOT a relative.
6.Consent letter for minors.
7.Old passport for replacement.
8. Parents National ID cards and copy.
Kenyan e-Passport Application steps
1.Register on www.ecitizen.go.ke
2. Go to immigration.ecitizen.go.ke and or Department of immigration services and click on the passport application form.
3. Read the instructions carefully then fill the application form.
4. Select the mode of payment and pay for the passport fees.
5. Download and print the application form and three application receipts.
6. Submit the application form in person to the Immigration offices for Bio-metrics. ( Nyayo house, Mombasa, Nakuru, Eldoret, Kisii, Embu, & Kisumu.)
Kenyan e-Passport Fees 2019
|32 Pages Ordinary A Series||4,550|
|48 pages Ordinary B Series||6,050|
|64 Pages Ordinary C Series||7,550|
|East African Passport||990|
|Diplomatic passport 48 pages||7,550|
- Current passport holders that are valid will only be in use till August 2019. All passport holders are required to change to the new epassport by then.
- Those with Valid visas in the old passports will still remain valid even after replacement.
- You can use the new e-Passport even if you are travelling outside East Africa; It’s an International Passport.
For questions, call :
- Nairobi Office: +254 772 246 669
- Mombasa Office: +254 708 206 206
You can alternatively contact them via Twitter @ImmigrationDept for swift responses.